Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Return of the Original Goof


Animated Views has a great interview with Disney animators Andreas Deja and Mark Henn on the making of the upcoming new animated short How to Hook Up Your Home Theater. Based on their statements, I have to say I'm more excited about this new six-minute Goofy cartoon than any other project in the current Disney-Pixar pipelines. It represents a return to the classic Goofy shorts of the 1940s and 1950s. Gone are all the modern Goof Troop-Goofy Movie references; our hero is clearly returning to his traditional "everyman" roots.

What really blew me away was the promotional poster Animated Views revealed as part of the article. It is a wonderful juxtaposition of 1950s Disney poster design with the modern home theater subject matter of the short. The mix of retro-style television components with audio-video cables and remote controls is nothing short of brilliant.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got that poster on my desktop right now, it is incredible. I only hope they sell prints of the poster when the short is released!